It's not too dodgy

Email - November 13, 2013

Well, this was a fun week! haha and yes, I did get the suit thing figured out!

Last Monday, we went to Big Ben for p-day! It was so fun! I love London guys! I seriously love it! I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon from London. :)

Anyway, Elder Bognár has been out for a year! We do language study everyday because he struggles with English.

We don't actually live in Catford. That's just what the Ward is called. But, yeah Lewisham has the highest domestic violence rate in all of London I think. I've felt safe for the most part though. It's not too dodgy (sketchy).

We've been teaching a man named R____ quite often, 1 or 2 times a week. He's an ex-convict but he has such a good heart. I love him. He was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, so that is kinda a struggle but he loves meeting with us and after his Sunday community services are over, he should be coming to church in a couple weeks!

As a missionary, you see prayers being answered everyday! With one of our investigators, C____. We thought that his girlfriend was living with him but we didn't know for sure! So, we prayed to be able to find out for sure during a lesson that we had with him earlier this week. One of the first questions we asked him when we sat down was, "What is your girlfriend's name again?" and he told us and said without us even asking that she doesn't live there!!! Ah, we were so happy. We are hoping to invite him to be baptized this week now!

London has been so fun and so crazy!

Well, looks like I will be in Catford till Christmas at least!!! Ah I couldn't be more excited that I am spending my Christmas in LONDON! WOOOHOOO! It was sad this morning to see Elder Bluementhal leave though. He will be missed!

Anyway! Last night Elder Bognár and I set a baptismal date with R____! AHH! I am so happy. We're planning for Dec. 7th. But, depending on how fast we can help him stop smoking, it could be earlier or later! But, we're working towards the 7th!

Also, there is an American in the ward who invited us to go to their house for THANKSGIVING :) yay! So, maybe I'll be able to experience somewhat of a Thanksgiving. Remember last Thanksgiving? That was pretty fun I guess... bahhahaahahhha! [Explanation:  He thinks he's so funny!  Last Thanksgiving, we were on our last family vacation, all five of us, because we knew he'd be leaving right after graduation and we wanted a special family vacation together.  We were on a cruise for seven days over the Thanksgiving holiday.  'I guess' that was 'pretty fun'!!!] 

I hope all is well back home! I can't believe that November is nearly half way over.. what the heck?????????! It's getting cold here.. but not too bad yet. Everyone says that just means the winter is going to be long and awful.

I love you guys! Thank you for everything! I love what I am doing and it has been such an amazing experience!

Love, Elder Munson

No comments:

Post a Comment