I can't believe how fast time is going!

Letter - Received on November 22, 2013

Family!

     Ah, I've been so scrubby at writing since being in London!  There is just no time here.  Life is fast paced and non-stop here.  I was planning on sending this card [he sent home a memory card with lots of pictures] last week, but I had no money...ha!  So, I'm sorry!  Everything is way more expensive in London, but we get exactly the same amount of money as everywhere else in the mission.  We try to use it wisely, but it just goes so quickly!

     I love London though...as you can probably tell!  The city life is so fun.  So many crazy people!  But, so many good people too!  Most of the population here is from somewhere in Africa.

     We get yelled at on the daily!  And, it's just part of being in London!  Oh, and another common thing is people telling us what we believe!  Ah!  It's so funny!  I've learned how to be super bold with people here cause some people are just so dumb!  It's hilarious though!  And, being here has helped me learn the scriptures and doctrine better...not really helped me...but, forced me!  Some people just want to bash and prove us wrong and most are really good at it!  But, I can hold my own here now.

     Recently there was a lady who was chewing us out for saying that we are "elders."  She said, "Elders are only old!  You guys aren't old!  I'm worried about young people like you who interpret the Bible wrong!" and all this rubbish!

     But, then there are really cool people like R____!  He has been in and out of jail for most of his life, but he has such a desire to change and he is so awesome!

     I'll try to be better at writing this transfer!  I can't believe how fast time is going!

     I really hope all is well back home.  I miss you guys, but this is the Lord's work and I am loving it!  Oh, and by the way, I can say, "I love you," in 25 languages other than English!  How sick is that?!  I can write it in a few as well!

     Take care! And, thank you for all that you guys do for me!

  我 愛你                                             أنا أحبك            
{I Love You in Mandarin}                                                          {and in Arabic}

Love,
Elder Munson

No comments:

Post a Comment