First {Real} Letter!

I am grateful for email and, of course, have loved the speed and convenience of that communication.  So far, he has had two occasions to email us, and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to read his emails.  I can just feel his excitement through each of them.  Two days after we said good-bye to Elder Munson, we left for family vacation.  While we were gone, his first letter was delivered.  We arrived home yesterday and were so excited to read it.  Emails are great, but there is just something special about a handwritten letter!  Here is a portion of that letter...

June 28, 2013


Dear Family,

So far, the MTC has been great.  My companion is Elder Ganta from India.  Our other two roommates are Elder Pulman from Wales and Elder Richy from Alaska.  Yesterday, all the Elders and Sisters were interviewed by a member of the Presidency.  I was interviewed by President Hughes.  He seemed to really like me...but, I knew that meant trouble.  Later in the day yesterday, I got called as a district leader!  Holy cow!  A district leader!?  Me?!  I am in charge of 10 people.  My companionship and four others.  I was so excited to be called to leadership and I've loved every second of it.  It's a lot of keeping track to do and a lot of being in front of people, conducting and talking.  My testimony has grown so much and I've learned a ton.  I am taking lots of pictures, so be expecting them soon.  I love you all and miss you a ton!

Love,
Elder Munson

P.S.  Oh, and my black mission belt got stolen out of my luggage, over the course of traveling here, along with my red work out bands. :(

P.S.S.  Thank you all so much for the letters!  I loved them and they meant so much!  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment