An Explanation

Elder Munson has enjoyed another wonderful week in Southampton.  As I now sit down to share some parts of a letter we received two days ago and email received today, I thought I'd first offer a brief explanation.

I mentioned before that this blog is to be a sort of journal for Skyler's mission and his experiences in England.  Because this blog is available for the world to see, I have to be careful with what is posted.  Sometimes, I may refer to someone by their first initial so that they remain somewhat anonymous.  Sometimes, I omit portions of his correspondences out of respect for privacy -- his and others.  The other day, I came across a blog where a mother shared her son's letter in, what appeared to be, its entirety.  Never mind the missionary son referred to some other missionaries by name and criticized them and said they were not obedient missionaries.  While that may have been an honest assessment, he shamed them and the mother posted it online.  It would hurt me badly if I happened upon a similar post and it was my son or daughter who was criticized so publicly.  I think in the excitement of a proud mother's inclination to boast about her own son or daughter (and, believe me, I like to brag about my kids, too!), it may be easy to forget the finger pointing done in cyberspace.

I'll get off my soapbox now!  I just wanted to explain why there may be times when a blog entry sharing a letter and/or email may seem a little cryptic, or even really short.  There's a good reason.  I promise.  "The story you are about to hear is true.  Only the names have been changed, to protect the innocent."  Ha ha!

Our son is doing so well.  He is happy.  He loves the Lord.  He loves the work he's been called to do.  We are very, very proud.

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with this!
    The hardest for me will be to want to edit any poor grammar.
    :)
    Love hearing from your boy! And you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete