I am LOVING London

Email - October 28, 2013

Well this was quite the week!

I forgot to mention last week that Elder Fairbourn and I joined the Stake Choir. Stake Conference is this Sunday so that will be fun. We have had practices the last two Sundays and it's been fun. 

I gave a talk in church yesterday on Elder Funk's talk from General Conference titled, "Called of Him to Declare His Word." I felt like it went well! 

Also, another crazy thing happened in church... so when people study abroad, at least here in London, they are assigned to got to a specific ward. and we have three sisters in our ward that are from BYU studying abroad here. Until yesterday, one of the three sisters hasn't been coming. But, she came yesterday and right when she walked through the door into the church, I recognized her! She is friends with Jansyn Berry and used to hang out with Lauren Wilson a ton!! Brayden and Lauren actually tried to set me up with her one time I think. But anyway, we know each other sort of and it is such a small world!! We were like WHAT THE HECK? Haha, it was so weird but so cool at the same time. She will be here until December.

We had three baptizms in our ward yesterday. A Mum and her two daughters. It was amazing! The other Catford Elders had been teaching them for a while. Elder Bognár and I were the witnesses for the baptizm. It was amazing. 

Elder Bognár and I found a guy on the street on Wednesday named C____. And, he invited us to come over the next day so we went and taught him and answered his questions and he was proper interested. He studied up on the religion and asked loads of questions. It was basically just an hour and a half Q&A session. But, it was really good. We're seeing him again this week! I cant wait.

I went on exchange with one of the Zone Leaders last Monday evening, and it went so well. Elder Von Allmen and I taught 16 lessons in the 24 hours that we were together. It was incredible! All the best stuff always happen on exchanges. Haha. 

I am LOVING London. Even though it is a LOT more tiring working in the city. It is a lot of fun and I hope that I will be able to be here for a while This morning we went and had breakfast at the ward mission leader's house. It was really good. They made us loads of pancakes. And, he has three daughters and they are all so cute. Anyway, it was a good morning. 

Dad, thank you so much for the short stories and the sports updates! It's the best part of my Saturdays!! Haha. I love them.

I hope all is well back home! I pray about you all daily and I'm so thankful for all that you guys do for me and the support I have from you all.

Have a great week!

Love, Elder Munson

"This is a picture of Elephant & Castle.  Elephant & Castle is a part 
of London pretty close to the centre."

"One of the ward mission leader's daughters."

"Went out contacting...someone forgot to put a tie on before we left the flat.
Haha.  He never heard the end of it...so funny!"

"All the missionaries that are in the Stake Choir! (The Zone Leaders are doing
it too.  They just aren't in this picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment