Amazing!

Email - September 1, 2014

HELLOOOO! Ah, things are so good! Honestly, like it's just great! There is so much to be done, but it keeps us busier and I couldn't be happier with where I am!

On Friday, we had MLC - Mission Leadership Council. All the Zone Leaders and Sister Trainer Leaders and the AP's and President met and had a really long meeting and training session and a good council together. We discussed how we can best help the work in this mission. We have had the highest baptizing month in 5 YEARS in this mission. It was amazing! But, we need to keep it going. Sooo..,we were stumped...so, we decided to pray as a MLC, and every one of us kneeled down in the chapel and Elder Popa offered a prayer to our Heavenly Father asking to guide us in what we should do and plan for the mission, and we sat and talked and proposed ideas. It may seem pretty normal or something, but honestly, this was the most spiritual experience I have had in not just my mission but my life, apart from the temple. We are turning the mission into something that it hasn't ever been before. Everything is going to change starting this transfer of how ELSM works, and it will be amazing. This is what the Lord wanted for the mission. He told each and every one of us in this council. It's things that can only be described if you were there, but trust me, things will be awesome!

Elder Popa and I have taught so many quality lessons this week and have found two new investigators who came to church on Sunday. One is English, the other is from Greece. We also spent MANY MANY hours planning and preparing presentations and meetings. We have a training meeting for all the District Leaders in the zone tomorrow. There are 5 districts with 28 total missionaries in the Reading Zone, plus two senior couples...so, a lot to look after and take care of! But, it's amazing. The Woodley Ward is amazing! That is the ward that Elder Popa and I are in. They meet in the Reading building. Member missionary work is better here than it has been anywhere else. We had a member with us in nearly all of our lessons this week.

Elder Popa ends in November, so he has two more transfers left! Luckily! hahhah There is a lot to do as a ZL, accounting to the AP's, exchanges, training plans, and loads more I just can't even think of right now, but I love it. I'm learning a lot! 

We have a nice flat. it is a big complex of flats and has a gym and everything! SO I'M GETTING PROPER EXERCISE! It's awesome! Oxford is in our zone! So, I am excited to go on exchange there. ;)

Things are amazing! There really isn't much else to say! I'm happy, working hard, and learning a lot! I'm sorry this email my not be as detailed as you hoped. So much happened this week it's all just morphing into one memory and I don't even know what day things happened on besides MLC and church...haha

Thank you all for everything! I am so blessed! I hope you have a great week! 

-Elder Munson
"Ward BBQ in Mitcham."

"Me in front of the Southampton flat last week!!!"

"MLC... say hello to the Leaders of the England London South Mission."

"Elder Alejandre went home! :("

"Sister Stewart from my MTC group!"

The Bristol Zone Leaders stayed at our flat the night before MLC.
(Elder Kirk and Elder Davies) So, we worked out in the morning together obviously!

 "Zone Leaders from my MTC group.  So sick!"

"Picture after church yesterday. Simon is the one with the beard in the
middle. He is our ward mission leader and is so funny! The guy on the far
right is Avinash...got baptized three weeks ago! The girl with black
hair is our new investigator from Greece, and the other girl is a ward
member...good friends with Simon! Love this ward already!

"View from the Reading flat!"



No comments:

Post a Comment